Crochet is a wine made at four hands that shows the wilderness and monumentality of the Douro valley. Made by Susana Esteban and Sandra Tavares, two old friends and fellow winemakers that share the same passion and vision of the Douro valley wines. A wine made by two winemakers that gathered their Douro experience of several harvests to make this unique wine.
- Douro DOC
- Esteban & Tavares Vinhos – Lda
- 60% Touriga Franca, 40% Touriga Nacional
- Manual harvesting to 15Kg boxes with careful selection at the cellar.
- Stainless steel vats with maceration.
- French oak barrels, 40% new oak and 60% second year barrels.
- July of 2014
- Nº of bottles:
- 3900 bottles
- Tasting note:
The earthiness and depth of fruit grow increasingly powerful with aeration while the rough cut of the tannins gains an unexpected silkiness. Though still closed off the fruit is impressively rich with a mineral twist that brings it a mouthwatering long and balanced finish.
- Technical info:
- ºA: 14.54